Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Vinod Kone <vi...@mesosphere.io> on 2017/10/18 07:39:55 UTC

Disallowing comma in attribute values

Hi folks,

I would like to propose that we enforce the character set used for
attribute values as per the documentation.

Currently, the documentation
<http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/attributes-resources/> states
that attribute values should be of the form [a-zA-Z0-9_/.-] but we don't
enforce it
<https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/common/values.cpp#L556>.
This makes it hard for frameworks to use certain delimiters (say comma) for
parsing a list of attributes.

I would like to know if there is anyone out there who is using attribute
values that have characters other than [a-zA-Z0-9_/.-]. If yes, please let
us know so we can plan for the breaking change. If no one is using
undocumented character set, I propose that we make this change in the
upcoming 1.5 release of Mesos.

Thoughts?

Vinod

Re: Disallowing comma in attribute values

Posted by Varun Gupta <va...@uber.com>.
+1

Posted by Varun Gupta <va...@uber.com>.
+1