Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Allen <DA...@rapidigm.com> on 2002/05/31 20:33:00 UTC

A Jetspeed Buildbox

I am looking at creating a buildbox for an ongoing project we are doing
internally. Has anyone else created such a beast. We are looking at using
Ant and Cruise Control, but before I go too far down this road wanted to see
what others have experienced.

I assume the trickiest part will be initializing the environment and
deploying the par files.

Any words of wisdom?

Re: A Jetspeed Buildbox

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

--- David  Allen <DA...@rapidigm.com> wrote:

> I am looking at creating a buildbox for an ongoing project we are
> doing
> internally. Has anyone else created such a beast. We are looking at
> using
> Ant and Cruise Control, but before I go too far down this road
> wanted to see
> what others have experienced.
>
> I assume the trickiest part will be initializing the environment
> and
> deploying the par files.
>
> Any words of wisdom?

Jetspeed does not currently support par files - is this an IBM Portal
facility?

I assume your project is using Jetspeed and you want to keep up to
date with the latest versions (or at least update it a few times)...

What I've found useful is to build the jetspeed jar/jarsrc and
war-template targets in Jetspeed.  These 3 can then be used within
your project to build the complete app by merging them.

HTH,
Chris

=====