Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Dov Rosenberg <dr...@inquira.com> on 2006/10/30 23:16:15 UTC

Transition from EOF to Cayenne

We are looking to consolidate our code bases between our Cayenne based web
services and our WebObjects/EOF based applications. Has anyone written any
transition classes or notes of things that they did to help the code
porting? We have 2 separate models but we need to deal with NSArrays,
NSData, DisplayGroups, etc. We use Eclipse so making mass changes isn¹t too
scary. Any thoughts or guidelines would be very helpful. We are not ready to
replace our WebObjects components yet ­ that is another project.

--
Dov Rosenberg
Inquira Inc

Re: Transition from EOF to Cayenne

Posted by Dov Rosenberg <dr...@inquira.com>.
Not sure when we are going to start this effort in earnest. I think probably
sometime in Q1 next year. I will at least keep some notes and send them
along.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Re: Transition from EOF to Cayenne

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
If the EOModel has custom types, it won't import into Cayenne Modeler.

/dev/mrg

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
If you search the Cayenne mailing lists (use any search field on the
ObjectStyle web site, such as on
http://incubator.apache.org/cayenne/index.html) and search for
NSArray, you'll probably find some information on the subject (I know
others have used Cayenne with WebObjects).

/dev/mrg