Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Katana <ka...@katana-inc.com> on 2004/09/10 10:22:10 UTC

Shared working copy

Hello,

on our staging server, updates are ran by multiple users.

All users are members of the users group.

Is there a way to ensure that all required files, including .svn/*
files, are assiged read + write permissions for user AND group ?

If you have any suggestion regarding another way of updating the
staging server, I'm all ears :)

Thanks in advance,

--
Best regards,
 Katana                          mailto:katana@katana-inc.com

Re[2]: Shared working copy

Posted by Katana <ka...@katana-inc.com>.
Hello Steve,

> Plus all users need 'umask 002', and do
> find /top/level/directory -type d |xargs chmod g+s
> so that any new files get the right groupid.
But as far as I've noticed so far, the problem is that newly created
files, and several files in .svn folders are assigned different
permissions.

But someone on the IRC channel guided me to a page on the manual with
an explanation on how to force a umask before running SVN operations,
so I guess it will be alright:

 - svn will apply umask 664 to newly created files

 - when TSVN is used over samba, smb settings should generate the
 correct umask, so it should be alright

I hope everything will be file :)

Thanks for your answers.

Re: Shared working copy

Posted by Steve Greenland <st...@lsli.com>.
On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 01:34:01PM +0100, Anthony Metcalf wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:22:10 +0200
> Katana <ka...@katana-inc.com> wrote:
> > Is there a way to ensure that all required files, including .svn/*
> > files, are assiged read + write permissions for user AND group ?
> >

> chmod -R ug+rw /top/level/directory/ as root.
>
> Sould do the trick. Worked for me anyway.

Plus all users need 'umask 002', and do

   find /top/level/directory -type d |xargs chmod g+s

so that any new files get the right groupid.

Later,
Steve

--
"Outlook not so good." That magic 8-ball knows everything! I'll ask
about Exchange Server next.

Re: Shared working copy

Posted by Anthony Metcalf <an...@anferny.ath.cx>.