Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Eric Friedrich <fr...@apache.org> on 2017/04/25 12:43:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.0.0-RC1

Hello All,

I've prepared a release for v2.0.0-RC1

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
3 +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Changes since 1.8.0:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/compare/1.8.x...RELEASE-2.0.0-RC1

This corresponds to git:
 Tag: RELEASE-2.0.0-RC1

Which can be verified with the following: git tag -v RELEASE-2.0.0-RC1

My code signing key is available here:
http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?search=0x9AB7BDD5&op=vindex

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.

The source .tgz file, pgp signature (.asc signed with my key from
above), md5 and sha1 checksums are provided here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/2.0.0/RC1

There are major changes in this release, including a move to Postgres. This
justifies the bump in major version number.
Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control (incubating) 2.0.0-RC1

Posted by "Eric Friedrich (efriedri)" <ef...@cisco.com>.
Thanks for the feedback Dave.
  I’d like to ask everyone to continue with their testing and verification of the RC so we can identify all issues in RC1.

Hopefully RC2 will be the final release candidate.

—Eric

On Apr 25, 2017, at 6:17 PM, Dave Neuman <ne...@apache.org>> wrote:

Hey Eric,
Unfortunately I have to be -1 due to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TC-251.  I will have a PR in shortly to master and the 2.0.x branch.