Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Raster3 <cr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2010/02/01 05:12:59 UTC

Guranteed Delivery

This is regrading this http://camel.apache.org/guaranteed-delivery.html

I would to restrict this discussion to JMS.
I have used webloic JMS. I understand guranteed delivery is part of JMS
specs and what this means is that the message will be stored by the JMS
provider till its delievered to the intended recepient / subscriber.

This is counter to the image shown in the image associated with the url
where it appears that the message is stored on two sides- sender and
reciever. When using JMS would you not wish the message to be stored just by
the JMS provider?

Am I missing something?

Re: Guranteed Delivery

Posted by Raster3 <cr...@yahoo.co.in>.
This sounds fair.
Is there any official camel stand on this?
Thanks.

Re: Guranteed Delivery

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <as...@progress.com>.
Hi,

Interesting point. What is confusing in the picture is that the JMS Broker

Raster3 wrote:

> This is regrading this http://camel.apache.org/guaranteed-delivery.html
>
> I would to restrict this discussion to JMS.
> I have used webloic JMS. I understand guranteed delivery is part of JMS
> specs and what this means is that the message will be stored by the JMS
> provider till its delievered to the intended recepient / subscriber.
>
> This is counter to the image shown in the image associated with the url
> where it appears that the message is stored on two sides- sender and
> reciever. When using JMS would you not wish the message to be stored just
> by the JMS provider?
>
> Am I missing something?

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---
+1-972-304-9084 (Office)
+1-972-971-1700 (Mobile)
----
Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com/

Re: Guranteed Delivery

Posted by Raster3 <cr...@yahoo.co.in>.
Thanks. I understand that that the pattern says that the message is stored
when sending and also when receiving. I can understand how this can be
useful when the endpoint is a non-jms endpoint.

But guaranteed delivery goes with the JMS specs and is implemented by the
JMS provider using its filestore / database configuration. When we limit
ourselves to JMS endpoints is not the storing of message at sender and
receiver an over kill especially when guranteed delivery is available out of
the box with JMS providers.

Re: Guranteed Delivery

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.