Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/09/02 03:33:52 UTC

Place committers on inactive list? (RE: fo isolation complete (almost))

--- Victor Mote <vi...@outfitr.com> wrote:

> Conclusion: We have three active committers right
> now, one positive, one
> negative, one lukewarm, so I will abandon the
> enforcement idea.
>
> Victor Mote

I don't see anyone modifying the new Apps/FO code
anyway--for backwards compatibility, apps will need to
remain pretty much as you've molded it for 1.0 anyway.
 Thanks for all your hard work.

As for the "three active committers" (five, with
Christian and Jeremias!) point though, should we start
retiring some of our long-inactive committers to the
inactive list?  They can always still commit code (and
immediately make themselves active again in the
process), but just can't vote.

Keeping our active contributor/committer list really
"active" may help attract more contributors and future
committers.

Perhaps Karen, Arved and Bertrand should be added to
the inactive list.  Two of our contributors, Anton
Tagunov and George Yi, I have not heard from since
joining FOP, although I may have missed their names.

Comments--especially from those listed above--most
welcome.

Glen

RE: Place committers on inactive list?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Understood--I moved you three to our inactive list on
the team page--you're always committers, though, feel
free to move yourselves back to active when you're
ready to return.

Thanks!
Glen

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mardi, 2 sep 2003, à 03:33 Europe/Zurich, Glen Mazza a écrit :
> ...Perhaps Karen, Arved and Bertrand should be added to
> the inactive list...

No problem for me, I'd actually feel better being listed as inactive!

-Bertrand