Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/23 08:46:33 UTC

[VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 release candidate 0

Hi all,

I think it is time for Chukwa 0.5.0 release.  Before we bring our
release vote forward to general@incubator.  I would
like to call a vote for the release candidate 0 to be Chukwa 0.5.0
release in our developer mailing list.

The artifacts are available at:

http://people.apache.org/~eyang/chukwa-0.5.0-rc0/

Documents are available at:

http://people.apache.org/~eyang/chukwa-0.5.0-docs/

Please download, evaluate, and vote on this list.
The vote will close at 12:30pm PST on Friday December 30 2011.

Thank you.  Merry Christmas

regards,
Eric

Re: [VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 release candidate 0

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will make change to the NOTICE file to reflect Apache Chukwa, and
> remove the license files
> from the lib directory for RC1.

Great, thank you.

> Full list of the license compliance can be found at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~eyang/chukwa-0.5.0-docs/dependencies.html
>
> The LICENSE.txt only contains licenses of direct dependencies.  Should
> we list licenses of all
> dependencies recursively?

Nope, only the licenses for the software we're distributing. The
source package, on brief inspection, appears to be complete. The
binary tarball, in contrast, contains dozens of jars that we'd need to
audit before redistributing them. Particularly since the IPMC will
have to do the same, it probably makes sense to limit this to a source
release. Presumably there's a maven target that generates the binary
dist tarball, so it shouldn't be too onerous. -C

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
Vote for PPMC has passed.

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ahmed Fathalla <af...@gmail.com>.
+1 Looks Good.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 5:28 PM, TARIQ <do...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Waiting for it..:)
>
> Regards,
>     Mohammad Tariq
>

> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Eric Yang-3 [via Apache Chukwa]
> <ml...@n3.nabble.com> wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > Ps. This is a reminder for pmc to vote.
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > On Dec 27, 2011, at 4:24 PM, Ariel Rabkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Gah. That layout offends me. But I will change my vote to a +1 since
> >> it's apparently the standard.
> >>
> >> --Ari

> >> --
> >> Ari Rabkin [hidden email]
> >> UC Berkeley Computer Science Department

> > NAML

Ahmed Fathalla

Re: [VOTE] Chukwa 0.5.0 release candidate 0

Posted by TARIQ <do...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
+1