Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Oliver Strässer <ol...@getunik.com> on 2011/01/12 17:57:53 UTC

AW: Scala Page and Cookies

Hi tsuy

i tried your approach today.
I retrieve from the RequestProperties. getHttpHeaders method only a MultivaluedMap.
So I havn't access to the cookies.

Isn't the a way to access the javax.ws.rs.core.HttpHeaders object in ssp?

oli

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Oliver Strässer <
oliver.straesser@getunik.com> wrote:

> Hi tsuy
>
> i tried your approach today.
> I retrieve from the RequestProperties. getHttpHeaders method only a
> MultivaluedMap.
> So I havn't access to the cookies.
>
> Isn't the a way to access the javax.ws.rs.core.HttpHeaders object in ssp?

I think it would be good to make this possible.

For setting cookies howver, I think the ssp is  definitively the wrong
place, both conceptually (presentation layer) as well implementationally
(the entity body is produced after the headers). If in a weird occasion you
really think you need something similar you can still set cookies via
java-script.

Cheers,
Reto

Re: Scala Page and Cookies

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Oliver Strässer <
oliver.straesser@getunik.com> wrote:

> nobody an idea?
> i need the cookies to prefille my form, after I validate the form
> serverside.
>

> perhaps it's an architecture question of my application or a generall
> question.
>
> I'd like to save "session"-like data on a specific place, which is conform
> with the rest approach.
> so I don't want so safe the form data in a user graph.
>

> so the question is:
> how you build systems like

- a shop basket? (not logged in)

AW: Scala Page and Cookies

Posted by Oliver Strässer <ol...@getunik.com>.
yeah, correct this one

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:37 PM, Oliver Strässer <
oliver.straesser@getunik.com> wrote:

> i see your points.
>
> you aske about the connection between cookies and validation. I think about
> using the cookies only as place to store data in a redirect (of the
> validation service).
>

> to give more flexibility to the developers it would be cool, that the
> initial request (httpservletrequest) is available in every ssp (like the
> uriInfo object). so I could read the cookies in every ssp template too and
> many more informaiton (acceptlanguages for example).
>
> for me it isn't possible to extend the typehandler (I'm on a cms-widget of
> trialox cms).
>

> conclusion:
>
> what you think about extending the the available objects in the ssp, with
> the httpservletrequest object?
>
> httpservletrequest is not possible as the clerezza-jaxrs implementation is
not servlet based, what we could make available is
javax.ws.rs.core.HttpHeaders

reto

AW: Scala Page and Cookies

before I activated some keyboard shortcut I didn't know about...

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Oliver Strässer <
oliver.straesser@getunik.com> wrote:

> nobody an idea?
> i need the cookies to prefille my form, after I validate the form
> serverside.
>

> perhaps it's an architecture question of my application or a generall
> question.
>
> I'd like to save "session"-like data on a specific place, which is conform
> with the rest approach.
> so I don't want so safe the form data in a user graph.
>

> so the question is:
> how you build systems like
>
> - a shop basket? (not logged in)

I see the following options:
- Client-side: You never actually change page, in the browser an ajax
application let you navigate through the shop but you never actually leave
the page with this application, with this you can keep variables in js while
retrieving new content with background-requests
- Cookies: If the user is not logged in you cannot associate the data to the
context-node (via UserContextProvider) but you can still read and set the
cookie in your root resources or typehandlers and add the contents of the
shopping basket to the returned resource

> - validate forms and prefille the form (not logged in)

- I don't see the connection between cookies and validation, validation is
ideally done both client-side and server-side.
- As for preventing the user from repeatedly entering the phone-number in
multiple forms asking for it, I see that reading cookies from ssp might be a

Re: Scala Page and Cookies

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org>.

AW: Scala Page and Cookies