Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by 陶敏 <ta...@taobao.com> on 2011/01/04 07:16:16 UTC

drop column family bug

Hello!
        When I use cassandra 0.7 rc4 delete column family, the data file still exists. But also appeared in the snapshot data backup, this is a bug or my version of the parameters wrong, please help me. Thank you.

Sincerely,

       Salute
[cid:image001.png@01CBAC19.D69C52C0]

[cid:image002.png@01CBAC19.D69C52C0]

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5691 (20101210) __________

http://www.eset.com

________________________________

This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you received this email in error, please delete it immediately and do not copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.

本电邮(包括任何附件)可能含有机密资料并受法律保护。如您不是正确的收件人,请您立即删除本邮件。请不要将本电邮进行复制并用作任何其他用途、或透露本邮件之内容。谢谢。

Re: drop column family bug

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
It's normal for the sstables to remain temporarily.  See discussion of
"compaction marker" at http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/MemtableSSTable.

It's also normal for a snapshot to be taken before drop commands.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra