Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/16 06:43:42 UTC

Re: New home for ECS, ORO and Regexp?

Feedback received in thread can more or less be summarized as Hen's note below.

Daniel (or anyone else) - Should we check if there is interest at
Commons in taking ORO?

Vadim (or anyone else) - Should we check if there is interest at
Commons in taking Regexp?

If so, I will offer to initiate a thread over in Commons land if you want.

-Rahul

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Daniel F. Savarese <df...@savarese.org> wrote:

> In message <AA...@mail.gmail.com>, Rahul
> Akolkar writes:
>>Daniel (or anyone else) - Should we check if there is interest at
>>Commons in taking ORO?
>
> I'm reluctant to encourage additional expenditure of effort to keep
> ORO going (although I'm always available to apply patches and respond
> to issue reports).  Let's wait a week and see if "anyone else" would
> like to explore a move to Commons.  If no one expresses interest by
> next Friday, then I'd think it's off to the Attic by default.

<snip/>

Four Fridays later, I haven't seen any other notes so I don't think
anyone is planning more active development at this time.

I'll initiate a vote for the Attic moves in a day or two.

-Rahul

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.