Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Press, Michael" <Mi...@Artesia.com> on 2002/02/21 00:15:32 UTC

Action with no forward?

I would like to call an Action (with no validation), but remain on the
current JSP.

I know I could probably just forward back to the current JSP, but I'd prefer
to have the Action class run with no forward at all (so no screen repaint).

Is this possible in Struts?

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Action with no forward?

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com>.
If you're willing to use standards-compliant browsers, you can use the iframe
element - which allows you to imbed a frame within your page.  The beauty of
this is that you can even make this frame hidden and use javascript to populate
values once the hidden iframe reloads.  Really slick stuff - you can make an
HTML interface behave like an applet!

There's a good article at:

http://developer.apple.com/internet/javascript/iframe.html

Re: Action with no forward?