Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Lübbe Onken <l....@rac.de> on 2004/04/05 09:51:11 UTC

commit-email.pl and non-ascii chars

Hi Folks,

since german people like to use german characters in their commit messages,
these characters are garbled, when commit-email.pl sends out the mail, like:

"Inifile f?\195?\188r ?\195?\156bersetzungstool mit eingecheckt"
instead of
"Inifile für Übersetzungstool mit eingecheckt"

I assume it's just a simple one-liner in the perl script that would properly
decode the \195 characters, but since I'm a perl illiterate, I ask for help.

Please...

Thanks
-Lübbe

Re: commit-email.pl and non-ascii chars

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
Lübbe Onken wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> since german people like to use german characters in their commit messages,
> these characters are garbled, when commit-email.pl sends out the mail, like:
>
> "Inifile f?\195?\188r ?\195?\156bersetzungstool mit eingecheckt"
> instead of
> "Inifile für Übersetzungstool mit eingecheckt"
>
> I assume it's just a simple one-liner in the perl script that would properly
> decode the \195 characters, but since I'm a perl illiterate, I ask for help.

Lübbe, assuming that this isn't a local configuration problem, you might want to
try out tools/hook-scripts/mailer/mailer.py to see if avoids similar problems.
If not, please file a bug in the issue tracker
<http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectIssues>.

Thanks, Dan