Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2002/03/23 19:14:44 UTC

[UPDATE] Nicola Ken hopping in the _Forrest_

Thanks to multiple sollicitations for karma, I've got my stuff committed :-)

Basically, apart from bugfixes, here are the additions:

 new forrest.xgump descriptor

It replaces and enhances project-info.xml and the Gump descriptor. I asked
Gumpers to add it to the Gump builds, we'll see if this hibrid works or not.

 new build scripts and endorsed libs

Under the lib dir I put /endorsed libs that are used by both project and
tools. They are added to the classpath by the scripts, which are now cleaner
and do not contain specific jar definitions.

 new documentation layout & skins

Changed dir layout of the documentation to make it cleaner as a structure
and easier to upgrade in the future.
There are now "skins", and already available ones are jakarta-site (poi
enhanced), xml-apache-site and cocoon-printer.
Shortly I will also commit a "scarab-site" skin (trying to be proactive on
the jakarta skin changes ;)

To change skin edit the sitemap and change the skin name in the three
skinning <resources>. Will change this method shortly to use a single
definition point.

PK-KP, could you make a "forrest-site" skin with your latest work?

  documentation update

Added stuff to the documentation, so a *minimal* site can be running.

  new build targets and tweaks

The docs build target does a "cleandocs" before starting. This way the
Cocoon work dir is reused and regeneration is faster.

"testmodule" target tests every major thing in the module, and I *strongly*
suggest everyone committing something to "build testmodule" first to be
sure.

"gump" target added for... well.. Gump ;-)

I may have missed something in this description but the CVS commits have
sufficient descriptions in them anyway.

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

Now I'm in the process of making Forrest download the xgump descriptors from
registered projects and building their site with the specified skin.
As soon as Gump gets the site update feature working, we will be ready to
build site for others!

:-D

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Gumping _Forrest_

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
I am happy to annouce that we have been added to Gump!

:-)

The file "forrest.xgump" is the file that Gump uses.
It's an enhanced version of the project descriptor of Gump.

Please be _careful_ when committing it, always check that it's at least
valid XML, and when there will be a DTD, validate it.

This file is made to contain *all* _relevant_ information on the project:

- where the code and resources are
- what the project is about and its goals,todo, history
- who are the committers
- why it was created
- licensing and credits

I included a simple css file to view it, but unfortunately I can't get
attributes to render, even if they should in CSS2.
Anyway, if you open it in IE or Mozilla it will render; an XSL version is
coming soon.

The IzPress project def will go soon away, since I have also added Centipede
to Gump runs.

Thanks to Stefan Bodewig for making the appropriate commits, changes to
Gump, and for the insightful comments :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: [UPDATE] Nicola Ken hopping in the _Forrest_

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Welcome, Nicola!

</Steven>