Posted to dev@devlake.apache.org by Liang Zhang <li...@merico.dev.INVALID> on 2022/06/22 16:23:45 UTC

[DRAFT] DevLake's podling report(July 2022)

Hi all,

As a podling project, we are supposed to submit a podling status report monthly for the first three months.
Below is my draft which follows the template here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2022>.
Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

DevLake is an open-source dev data platform that ingests, analyzes, and
visualizes the fragmented data from DevOps tools to distill insights for
engineering productivity.
DevLake has been incubating since 2022-04-29
Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

1. Learn the ASF release process and make the first ASF release
2. Grow the community, add committers and PPMC members
3. Grow the ecosystem, support more data sources and use cases

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?
No issues at the moment.

1. Four committers were elected
2. Hosted three community meetups
3. Participate in "Open Source Promotion Plan" <https://summer-ospp.ac.cn/help/en/> as scheduled

1. fixed some Postgres support issues
2. Improve unit test
3. support collecting private git repos
4. Improve error message
5. Still working towards DevLake's first Apache release

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

[x] Initial setup
[x] Working towards first release
[] Community building
[] Nearing graduation
[] Other:

Date of last release:
Not applicable. DevLake is working towards making its first Apache release.

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
2022-06-01

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
Yes, they are very helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
There are no known brand and naming issues.

Best Wishes
Liang Zhang
DevLake PPMC Member

Re: [DRAFT] DevLake's podling report(July 2022)

Posted by Yingchu Chen <Yi...@merico.dev.INVALID>.
Thanks Liang, this looks good to me. And I saw Willem mentioned about ApacheConn, may be we can also add the following information to the report:

The presentation of "how devlake tackle challenges through architecture evolution" and Maxim's presentation have been accepted by the 2022 ApacheCon Asia
________________________________
Posted by Kaiyun Zhang <ka...@merico.dev.INVALID>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
I  think we can add some information about the accepted presentation
of ApacheCon Asia 2022 in the report.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Hezheng Yin <yi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hezheng Yin <yi...@gmail.com>.
The recordings of the English-speaking community meetup are available on
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYaLf2IJB2YvCpXJj3GYtQQ

Posted by Liang Zhang <li...@merico.dev.INVALID>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yingchu Chen <Yi...@merico.dev.INVALID>.
For 2, we have 10 new contributors this in June and 39 contributors in total.

Posted by Liang Zhang <li...@merico.dev.INVALID>.
Hi all,

4. Participated in "Open Source Promotion Plan" <https://summer-ospp.ac.cn/help/en/> as scheduled

1. Received some feedback on the first release vote, Preparing a new WIP release
2. Redesigned and implemented configuration flow
3. Optimized the branding and visual presentation of DevLake official website
4. Improved program testability and robustness

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

[x] Initial setup
[x] Working towards first release
[] Community building
[] Nearing graduation