Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "LAD, SAGAR" <sa...@capgemini.com> on 2017/05/23 12:08:34 UTC

SOLR Index and Schema.xml file corruption

Hi SOLR team,
We are using SOLR 4.6.0 with sitecore CMS 7.2 .

It is observed that search indexes and some time schema.xml file get corrupted. Schema.xml field tag got extra forward slash and it result into stopping of SOLR.
We have "  <schemaFactory class="ClassicIndexSchemaFactory"/>" therefore only manual update is allowed.

Please guide us in this issue and let us know any detail required.

Regards
[Email_CBE.gif]Sagar Lad | Capgemini Technology Services India Limited | Pune
Schlumberger, Sogeti India
Main: +91 20 2760 1000 extn 2012331 | Cell: +91 8983724089 +91 98 199 64738
www.capgemini.com<http://www.capgemini.com/>
People matter, results count.
[50years]

Connect with Capgemini:
[Picto_Blog]<http://www.capgemini.com/insights-and-resources/blogs>[Picto_Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/capgemini>[Picto_Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/capgemini>[Picto_LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/capgemini>[Picto_Slideshare]<http://www.slideshare.net/capgemini>[Picto_YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/capgeminimedia>

Re: SOLR Index and Schema.xml file corruption

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
If you have classic schema factory configured, then Solr will not write the
schema.xml file out. So either something's strange with SiteCore or someone
inadvertently hand-edited the schema. I suggest contacting the SiteCore
people to see how it would get that way.

You should be able to shut Solr/SiteCore down, hand-edit all your
schema.xml files to fix the problem and start things back up though.

Best,
Erick