Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Mentzner, Volker" <V....@PSI-BT.de> on 2003/02/25 21:10:18 UTC

NtEventLogAppender without NtEventLogAppender.dll makes my app ha ng

Hallo,

working with NtEventLogAppender and NetSendAppender (contribution of Jay
Funnel) I found one common irritating behaviour:
When I don't have the correspondig dll's in my path (NtEventLogAppender.dll
and NetSendAppender), an exception is thrown
indicating that the library cannot be loaded. After that my application
(Swing based GUI) hangs and shows no more reactions.
I think the appenders should handle the case internally that the dlls are
missing when you misconfigured your system (wrong path, no dll,...).
If you are interested I can apply a patch that handles this. It is tested
for WinXP and WinNT40.
Should I write a bug report? Where should I post the patches?

Regards

Volker Mentzner

PSI-BT AG
Heinrichstraße 83-85