Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sakthivel Vellingiri <in...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/12 02:52:32 UTC

Open Source alternatives for Confluence & Jira

Hi Ofbiz Users, Sorry about the blast,

Any recommendations on open source alternatives for Confluence & Jira, i
have them and both are good products, but i'm looking for alternatives that
have comparable functionality and does not have a licence cost,

I'm ok with self-managed option where we have to host the software
ourselves and self manage them.

Any software that you have used in the past and can recommend would be much
appreciated.

Re: Open Source alternatives for Confluence & Jira

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Sakthivel,

we are using Redmine [1] for both internal and customer projects.

Regards,

Michael

[1] https://www.redmine.org/

Re: AW: Open Source alternatives for Confluence & Jira

Posted by "info.integrin" <in...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for the responses. Much appreciatedSent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Ingo Wolfmayr <in...@wolfix.at> Date: 2/12/19  5:29 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: user@ofbiz.apache.org Subject: AW: Open Source alternatives for Confluence & Jira Hi Sakthivel,we are using redmine.http://www.redmine.org/Best regardsIngo-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----Von: Sakthivel Vellingiri <in...@gmail.com> Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Februar 2019 03:53An: user@ofbiz.apache.orgBetreff: Open Source alternatives for Confluence & JiraHi Ofbiz Users, Sorry about the blast,Any recommendations on open source alternatives for Confluence & Jira, i have them and both are good products, but i'm looking for alternatives that have comparable functionality and does not have a licence cost,I'm ok with self-managed option where we have to host the software ourselves and self manage them.Any software that you have used in the past and can recommend would be much appreciated.

AW: Open Source alternatives for Confluence & Jira

Posted by Ingo Wolfmayr <in...@wolfix.at>.
Hi Sakthivel,

we are using redmine.

http://www.redmine.org/

Best regards
Ingo

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
Hello Sakthivel,

As per my experience, one of the good open source alternatives could be
HiveMind [1].

HiveMind is a combination of Project Management application (like Jira) and
content management application (like Confluence).

You can try the demo of Project Management application at
https://demo.moqui.org/vapps/hm/dashboard
and
Wiki Management at https://demo.moqui.org/vapps/hm/wiki/DEMO
For more information, you can visit and post queries on Moqui's LinkedIn
group [2]

[1] - https://github.com/moqui/HiveMind
[2] - https://www.linkedin.com/groups/4640689/

- Best Regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
ofbiz.apache.org

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
An alternative is trac (see [1]), which offers both an issue mgt and a wiki
solution, and can be integrated with Git and SVN

[1] https://trac.edgewall.org

Best regards,
Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OEM - The OFBiz Extensions Marketplace1
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
1 not affiliated to (and not endorsed by) the OFBiz project

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 3:52 AM Sakthivel Vellingiri <