Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by ss...@intermediate.de on 2004/03/03 09:32:15 UTC

Logging SQL for automatic index generation or performance Analysation ?

Hi,

I would like to know where the best place would be to hook into ojb a class
which logs all sql statements sent to the DB.

My idea is to analyze the from and where clause and log into a database
table the actual statements used in a live system. I then would like to
write a tool which analyzes this table and suggests the "best" indices to
create on the database.

To make sure I really catch all statements I would like to directly hook
into ojb. Also, this could then easily be re-used.

We thought about a trace but the amount of data just seems to big.

Any ideas / suggestions ?

Thanks,
  Stefan Schlösser

I N T E R M E D I A T E GmbH & Co. KG
eSolutions & Integration

Durmersheimer Straße 55     t +49 (0)721.98644-50
76185 Karlsruhe             f +49 (0)721.98644-99
http://www.intermediate.de

P.S. Als Beratungs- und Systemhaus optimiert Intermediate die
Geschäftsprozesse mittelständischer Unternehmen in Vertrieb,
Marketing und Kundenservice.
Tätigkeitsschwerpunkte sind Angebots- und Produkt-Konfiguration
sowie Enterprise Content-Management-Systeme.
Unsere besondere Stärke liegt in der Integration bestehender
Systeme, insbesondere von ERP-Systemen wie SAP R/3, BRAIN AS,
MAS90 etc.

Re: Logging SQL for automatic index generation or performance Analysation ?

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
hi stefan,

you could use p6spy to log all sql-statements to a file.

jakob