Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by timbaktoo <to...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/15 07:08:59 UTC

JMeter test run leaks Oracle Sessions

Hi,

I'm using JMeter v2.3.4 to load test a GWT based web application. The
webserver used is Tomcat v6.0.20.

When I run a simple JMeter recording which queries database and displays
some information on the browser, I see lot of sessions getting created in
the Oracle. These sessions become INACTIVE and do not get terminated once
the recording completes its execution. The next run of the same recording
again creates the same number of sessions. Because of this behavior, once I
run out of all the Oracle sessions available, my subsequent executions of
the test start failing.

This problem is not seen when the test is run directly using the application
(i.e. without using JMeter). Please throw some light on what is the actual
problem and how to fix it.

Thanks & Regards,
Tim