Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by François Méthot <fm...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/28 15:55:20 UTC

select count(1) : Cannot convert Indexed schema to NamePart

Hi,

 Since release 1.8,

we have a workspace hdfs.datarepo1 mapped to
/year/month/day/
containging csv.gz

if we do select count(1) on any level of the dir structure like
   select count(1) from hdfs.datarepo1.`/2016/08`;
We get
    Error: SYSTEM ERROR: IllegalStateException: You cannot convert a
indexed schema path to a   NamePart. NameParts can only reference Vectors,
not individual records or values.

same error with
   select count(1) from hdfs.datarepo1.`/` where dir0=2016 and dir1=08;

While this query works (or any select column)
   select count(column1) from hdfs.datarepo1.`/2016/08`;

Should I create a ticket?

Francois

Re: select count(1) : Cannot convert Indexed schema to NamePart

Posted by Zelaine Fong <zf...@maprtech.com>.
This looks like it probably got introduced some time shortly before the 1.8
release went out.  I tried your query on one of the early release candidate
builds for 1.8, and your query works fine in that older build.

We'll put this on the list to take a look at.

Thanks for reporting this.

-- Zelaine

Posted by François Méthot <fm...@gmail.com>.
I have created a ticket: