Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Yohe, Peter J" <py...@widernet.org> on 2006/01/04 23:04:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Knowledgeable Apache volunteers needed....

Hello,

The WiderNet Project, www.widernet.org, is looking for people who have
lots of Apache experience who would like to  volunteer some of their
time on an Apache project.

If you are interested in volunteering some of your expertise, here are a
few of the topics we need help with:
	- finding out how small we can make Apache so we can use it with
older, donated hardware and in non-networked, stand-alone setups
	- optimizing our use of mod_proxy and mod_rewrite
	- designing a configuration that would be as OS agnostic as
possible

The WiderNet Project is using Apache to serve digital library content in
libraries, schools, universities, hospitals and clinics in developing
regions around the world. Most of the installations have limited or no
access to the Internet.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to volunteer or find
out more information.

Cheers,

Peter Yohe
The WiderNet Project