Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Stuart Tettemer <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/03 00:54:09 UTC

Why does BinaryRequestWriter force the path to be base URL + "/update/javabin"

Hi folks,
First of all, thanks for Solr.  It is a great piece of work.

I have a question about BinaryRequestWriter in the solrj project.  Why does
it force the path of UpdateRequests to have be "/update/javabin" (see
BinaryRequestWriter.getPath(String) starting on line 109)?

I am extending BinaryRequestWriter specifically to remove this requirement
and am interested to know the reasoning behind in the inital choice.

Thanks for your time,
Stuart

Re: Why does BinaryRequestWriter force the path to be base URL + "/update/javabin"

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 5:24 AM, Stuart Tettemer <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
> First of all, thanks for Solr.  It is a great piece of work.
>
> I have a question about BinaryRequestWriter in the solrj project.  Why does
> it force the path of UpdateRequests to have be "/update/javabin" (see
> BinaryRequestWriter.getPath(String) starting on line 109)?
>
> I am extending BinaryRequestWriter specifically to remove this requirement
> and am interested to know the reasoning behind in the inital choice.

Stuart, please open an issue in the Jira and, if possible, give a patch.
This can go in right away.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Why does BinaryRequestWriter force the path to be base URL + "/update/javabin"

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@corp.aol.com>.
yup, that can be relaxed. It was just a convention.