Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2005/05/14 01:21:03 UTC

Re: Struts with cocoon problem

On 04.01.2005 07:42, Siva wrote:
> Hi ,
>       I am new to cocoon and  I am using cocoon with struts using
> Struts- cocoon plugin.In this, i am getting XML output from the action
> class(making form bean,request and session objects as XML),now I want
> to process that XML with xsl using cocoon pipeline.I don't know how to
> pass the dom object into the pipline dynamically.I do not want to pass
> my xsl to generator, instead i want to pass the the XML to sitemap
> something like this
>
>     <map:match pattern="jsptopdf/pageOneJSP">
>     <map:generate type="***DYNAMIC DOM OBJECT?????" />
>     <map:transform src="context://fancy/fancy.xsl"/>
>     <map:serialize type="html"/>
>     </map:match>
>

> Is it possible??...Could you please suggest me the correct way of solving this..

Yes, you can use the XModuleSource. Search for it on the Cocoon Wiki
(http://www.apache.org/cocoon).

I don't know exactly how the integration into Cocoon is done with the
Struts-Cocoon plugin, but if you store the DOM in the request you can
reference it in the sitemap like the following:

<map:generate src="xmodule:request-attr:nameOfTheRequestAttr"/>

It works with the default FileGenerator.

Joerg