Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Srini97 <sr...@googlemail.com> on 2010/04/19 12:50:48 UTC

Mail component support direct connection to send email as opposed to smtp

Hello ,

is there any way that we can send the mail over direct connection rather
using the SMTP connecton.

Thanks in advance for the valuable suggestion.

Regards
Sri

Re: Mail component support direct connection to send email as opposed to smtp

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can intercept and detour the message using InterceptSendToEndpoint
http://camel.apache.org/intercept.html

Or you can just create a MailMessage object and put it on the Exchange
IN Message.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Srini97 <sr...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> is there any way that we can send the mail over direct connection rather
> using the SMTP connecton.
>
> Thanks in advance for the valuable suggestion.
>

> Regards
> Sri

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Mail component support direct connection to send email as opposed to smtp

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <as...@progress.com>.
Hi,

Not sure about what you mean by direct connection. I you mean "direct:..."
then the answer is no.

The camel-mail component supports SMTP(S), POP3(S) and IMAP(S) based
connections.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

Srini97 wrote:

> Hello ,
>
> is there any way that we can send the mail over direct connection rather
> using the SMTP connecton.
>
> Thanks in advance for the valuable suggestion.
>

> Regards
> Sri

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---