Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Joey Lv <jo...@achievo.com> on 2005/09/02 09:46:37 UTC

a question about character encoding

[Version]
nutch 0.7 (D:\nutch-0.7)
Windows xp sp2 (Simplified Chinese)
JDK 1.4.2 (D:\RuntimeLib\j2sdk1.4.2_06)
Tomcat 5.0 (D:\tomcat-5.0.28)

I modified the Tomcat server.xml like this to enable Chinese compatible:

<Connector port="8080"
               debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
               disableUploadTimeout="true"
               URIEncoding="UTF-8" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" />

It seems everything is ok when I try the tutorial except one question.

When I first open the http://localhost:8080, the labels "about", "FAQ" and "help" display in Chinese correctly,

but if I input some text and click "search" button, the lables "about" and "FAQ" can not display in Chinese correctly, and the label "help" display in English.

Why?

Thanks

Joey Lv