Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Andy Gibson <an...@hotmail.com> on 2020/04/21 09:35:01 UTC

expose Capabilities in GO

Hi,

I'm somewhat of a GO newbie, so just checking I've not missed a trick.

I can see that the generated wrapping code exposes capabilities on a
Terminus

https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/d693de22cceb0466ecb904e8462ee5e04418374a/go/pkg/proton/wrappers_gen.go#L685

but I can't see any way of exploiting these capabilities (to make a shared,
global subscription).

hacking this into makeLocalLink
(https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/master/go/pkg/electron/link.go#L219)
seems to work as I'd expect:

	if err :=
l.pLink.Source().Capabilities().Marshal([]amqp.Symbol{amqp.Symbol("global"),
amqp.Symbol("shared")}); err != nil {
		panic(err)
	}

I can see a request to make link properties accessible:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-2106

If I haven't missed something, would it be appreciated if I pushed up some
code to allow exploitation of Capabilities or should I simply create a
ticket?

Regards,
Andy