Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org> on 2004/06/07 21:43:04 UTC

Cocoon PMC chair election: proposed resolution

Dear board,

After Steven Noels had indicated on the private PMC list his wish to
resign from the Cocoon PMC chair position, the Cocoon PMC voted a new
chair [1], so we kindly ask you to ratify the following resolution upon
the next board meeting:

                                 - o -

WHEREAS, the membership of the Apache Cocoon Project Management
Committee (PMC) have nominated Sylvain Wallez to serve as chairman of
the Apache Cocoon PMC; and WHEREAS, the previously appointed chairman of
the Apache Cocoon PMC, Steven Noels, has resigned his position as Vice
President, Apache Cocoon, in favor of Sylvain Wallez' appointment to
that position.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that Sylvain Wallez be and hereby is
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Cocoon, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed.

                                 - o -

There were a number of candidates for this election which each obtained
their share of votes, showing that Cocoon holds a number of equally good
candidates for this job.

Thanks to all. I'm proud and honoured to have been chosen to be the
chairman of a project that brought me so much since I started using it
about 4 years ago.

Sylvain