Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Gerben <ge...@treora.com.INVALID> on 2021/09/03 11:14:06 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Annotator (incubating) 0.2.0 release

Dear community,

The Apache Annotator (incubating) community is pleased to announce the
release of Apache Annotator (incubating) 0.2.0.

Apache Annotator (incubating) provides libraries to enable annotation
related software, with an initial focus on identification of textual
fragments in browser environments.

These are the main changes since v0.1.0:

- all code is converted to TypeScript
- the API is documented
- many tests have been added
- npm package names changed from “@annotator/…” to “@apache-annotator/…”
- a meta-package was added that includes all the others in one package
- it now supports TextPositionSelector
- it now supports CssSelector in both directions (match & describe)
- steps were made to apply text matching algorithms to other environments than the DOM
- and many small fixes, tweaks and improvements

Download links:
https://annotator.apache.org/

The release tag:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/releases/tag/v0.2.0

With regards on behalf of the team,

— Gerben

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Annotator (incubating) 0.2.0 release

Posted by Gerben <ge...@treora.com.INVALID>.
On 05/09/2021 19.11, Nick Kew wrote:
>> On 3 Sep 2021, at 12:14, Gerben <ge...@treora.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Dear community,
>>
>> The Apache Annotator (incubating) community is pleased to announce the
>> release of Apache Annotator (incubating) 0.2.0.
> Congrats on the progress that represents!
>
> Do we have any news on other progress towards graduation?
> Not least, community.  I've completely lost touch with Thursday chats
> (if they're still happening)?

I suppose community has been stable but small. Regarding Thursday chats,
since a couple of months we do not meet exactly every week anymore. We
still tend to meet at the same day and time (Thursday 16 London time, as
you once suggested), but adopted the practice of poking people on IRC in
advance to check if others are available (#annotator on libera.chat; but
email should be fine too).

> (testing ASF mail relay - will this get posted?)
Apparently, yes. :)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Annotator (incubating) 0.2.0 release

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.

--
Nick Kew