Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 10:47:32 UTC

Ready for 4.5.2 release?

L.S.,

I think we are ready to restart the 4.5.2 release.  It looks like we
removed as many of the duplicate bundles as possible and the upgrade
to Camel 2.10.6 and CXF 2.6.8 was done for both the NMR and Features
build.

We've just heard back from infra@ on the larger assemblies (with the
new 200 MB limit, only the -full assembly is problematic, really) but
we're still working on a solution.  Even if we don't have a solution
(yet) for this assembly, it probably makes sense to go ahead with the
release build anyway and only publish the other assemblies for now.

I'll start the release builds later today unless anyone objects.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Re: Ready for 4.5.2 release?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

You're right, off course, that this would solve the problem for the
long run, but from a users' point-of-view it might not be the best
option.  It would mean that people would have to download Apache
ServiceMix on their local workstation (or on a machine that has a
working internet connection), extract it there, run the command to add
the extra artifacts and then zip it backup again or transfer it to the
target machine in some way.

Perhaps we could also do both: raise an enhancement JIRA at Karaf to
add support for adding bundles to the system repository through some
command (a kind of feature:go-offline command perhaps?) and ship the
offline-repo.zip as a separate artifact for now?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen

Re: Ready for 4.5.2 release?

Posted by "Ge@@ru" <ge...@gmail.com>.