Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mayorgaadame, Alex [IT]" <al...@citigroup.com> on 2005/11/18 19:40:34 UTC

[M2] List of available Archetypes

Hello all,

This may be an easy one, but I've lost track of maven lately.

Anyone can tell me the archetypes that are still valid for Maven 2.0?

Thanks and regards,
Alex

Re: [M2] List of available Archetypes

Posted by Lee Meador <le...@gmail.com>.
How do I find out what each one does? Is that documented anywhere?

This is what I have found out by wandering around in the docs:

j2ee - ?
mojo - ?
portlet - ?
profiles - ?
quickstart - default version for java projects with packaging=jar
site - ? (I remember seeing this explained somewhere but can't remember what
it does.)
webapp - generates WEB-INF and such that are needed for a project that turns
into a WAR. You need to add in the src/main/java if there is java source.
The default is set up for a bunch of jsp or html files.

On 11/18/05, Eric Jacob <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/archetype/trunk/maven-archetypes/
>
> HTH
>
> Eric
>
> On 11/18/05, Mayorgaadame, Alex [IT] <al...@citigroup.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > This may be an easy one, but I've lost track of maven lately.
> >
> > Anyone can tell me the archetypes that are still valid for Maven 2.0?
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> > Alex

-- Lee Meador
Sent from gmail. My real email address is lee@leemeador.com