Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Robin Kaye Llewellyn <Ro...@alx.sticomet.com> on 2000/03/24 16:18:05 UTC

Error in DOMParser

I just tried to build xerces-c with the latest updates, and I get
compiler errors in DOMParser.cpp on lines 543, 588, 608
where protected class member 'fImpl' is being accessed.
A 'getImpl' function in the DOM_Node class should be written
and implemented here instead.

Regards,
Robin Kaye Llewellyn
Software Technology, Inc.

Re: Error in DOMParser

Posted by Andy Heninger <he...@us.ibm.com>.
Check that you have the latest version of the file DOM_Node.hpp.

class DOMParser is declared to be a friend of DOM_Node, which should prevent
these errors.

Adding a public getImpl function to DOM_Node is not something that I want to
do, because it would imply that accessing the impl classes directly was OK
in general.  But it is not - the impl API is subject to arbitrary change,
and the reference counted memory management does not automatically just
work.

  -- Andy

From: "Robin Kaye Llewellyn" <Ro...@alx.sticomet.com>