Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 江天 <jt...@163.com> on 2019/06/24 02:31:14 UTC

Having trouble testing recovery after abnormal exits.

Hi,

Now that the Write Ahead Log(WAL) is back on feet again, we are having difficulties testing it in an integrated context. Of course we can test it by hand, but automated solutions are always better. However, we lack experience of testing recovering a system after crashes and Junit framework does not seem to support this feature satisfyingly.

Does anyone know about frameworks or tools that will help us testing if a system successfully recovers from a failure automatically?

Best regards,

Tian Jiang