Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Anthony Molinaro <an...@alumni.caltech.edu> on 2010/01/19 23:33:05 UTC

Problem upgrading from 0.4.2 to 0.5.0 final

Hi,

  I just tried upgrading a set of machines from 0.4.2 to 0.5.0 final,
and the following happens on startup

  at org.apache.cassandra.db.CommitLog.recover(CommitLog.java:318)
  at org.apache.cassandra.db.RecoveryManager.doRecovery(RecoveryManager.java:65)
  at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.setup(CassandraDaemon.java:90)
  at org.apache.cassandra.service.CassandraDaemon.main(CassandraDaemon.java:166)

Prior to attempting the upgrade, I removed all traffic from these instances,
ran cassandra-nodeprobe flush on each, then shut all down.  Upon starting
the first instance I got the above.  Any ideas?

-Anthony

Anthony Molinaro                           <an...@alumni.caltech.edu>

Re: Problem upgrading from 0.4.2 to 0.5.0 final

Posted by Ray Slakinski <ra...@mahalo.com>.
Yeah its very possible that after a flush but before you stop Cassandra that items could get into your commit log, which can be very frustrating to say the least :)

Ray Slakinski

Posted by Anthony Molinaro <an...@alumni.caltech.edu>.

Posted by Ray Slakinski <ra...@mahalo.com>.