Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by ma...@uniklinik-freiburg.de on 2010/11/16 15:04:53 UTC

firedocs 1.3.7 with lenya 2.1.x

Hi All,

I try to run firedocs 1.3.7 with lenya 2.1.X  and the
defautlfiredocs-publication on base of the description in the lenya wiki.

If the pub contains only a few documents it works fine…with many documents
it requires  very much time (near one minute on my system) till firedocs is
ready to edit.

Ist this behavior standard.?  Any  experience?

Thanks for hints.

Regards

Martin

Re: firedocs 1.3.7 with lenya 2.1.x

Posted by ma...@uniklinik-freiburg.de.
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> schrieb am 18.11.2010 13:52:11:

> Von: Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>
> An: user@lenya.apache.org
> Datum: 18.11.2010 13:53
> Betreff: Re: firedocs 1.3.7  with lenya 2.1.x
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Am 18.11.10 08:01, schrieb martin.ginter@uniklinik-freiburg.de:
> > Andreas Hartmann<an...@apache.org>  schrieb am 17.11.2010 13:24:20:
> >
> >> Von: Andreas Hartmann<an...@apache.org>
> >> An: user@lenya.apache.org
> >> Datum: 17.11.2010 13:25
> >> Betreff: Re: firedocs 1.3.7  with lenya 2.1.x
> > wiki.

> > documents
> > firedocs is

> >> I suspect that this is related to the assets/children list generation,
> >> which is probably slower for large site trees.
> >>
> >> Can you check which requests take particularly long, e.g. using
Firebug?

> >   I can confirm your suspect. By disable the children-collection
generation
> >   in the module-file atom/jx/children.jx
> >   firedocs load very fast. My test-pub has many chidren but no assests.
> >   Maybe the same behavoir with assets. But no test yet.
>
> at first glance I don't see anything suspicious in the code. It might be
> that the meta data cache is too small for the amount of documents, maybe
> you can try to increase it.

  I increased the meta data cache unfortunately  without any effect.

> Would it be possible for you to send me a ZIP of your pub incl. content
> so that I can run some tests? TIA!

 (See attached file: content.zip)

Thanks for testing!

Regards
Martin

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,

thanks!

The problem is that Firedocs sends a request for each document in the
site tree (lenya.usecase=atom.entry). I hope this is not really
necessary and we find a way to get rid of those requests or substitute
them with a single one. Would you mind filing a bug report? Thanks!

-- Andreas

P.S.: I wouldn't recommend to send a multi-megabyte file to a public
mailing list :)

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,

> [...]

> > I try to run firedocs 1.3.7 with lenya 2.1.X  and the
> > defautlfiredocs-publication on base of the description in the lenya
wiki.

> > If the pub contains only a few documents it works fine…with many
documents
> > it requires  very much time (near one minute on my system) till
firedocs is
> > ready to edit.
> >
> > Ist this behavior standard.?  Any  experience?
>
> I suspect that this is related to the assets/children list generation,
> which is probably slower for large site trees.
>
> Can you check which requests take particularly long, e.g. using Firebug?

 I can confirm your suspect. By disable the children-collection generation
 in the module-file atom/jx/children.jx
 firedocs load very fast. My test-pub has many chidren but no assests.
 Maybe the same behavoir with assets. But no test yet.

 What can we do?

 Regards

 Martin

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.