Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Mark Watts <m....@eris.qinetiq.com> on 2011/05/26 17:24:39 UTC

Building Thrift against an alternate Python

I have Python 2.7 installed to /opt/python27 on some CentOS machines,
and I have a requirement to build Thrift against this version of Python.

How can I do this - there doesn't seem to be any mechanism to tell
Thrift which python binary to use?

Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE
Senior Systems Engineer, MSS Secure Managed Hosting

Re: Building Thrift against an alternate Python

Posted by Mark Watts <m....@eris.qinetiq.com>.
On 26/05/11 16:37, Jake Farrell wrote:
> you can pass which python to use via configure with the following
>
> ./configure PYTHON=/opt/python27
>
> when configure finishes it should print out
>
> Using Python ................. : /opt/python27

Perfect, thanks!

Mark.

Posted by Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org>.