Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/23 17:05:13 UTC

SAML2 in Apache CloudStack 4.3 ?

Hello all.

I'm just wanna ask if it's possible configure saml2 with CS 4.3.0 ?

I found some doc but i understand that will be aviable for the CS 4.5.0
http://shapeblue.com/apache-cloudstack/saml2-cloudstack/
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SAML+2.0+Plugin

Thanks

--
Hollman Eduardo Enciso R.
http://algolibre.com

Re: SAML2 in Apache CloudStack 4.3 ?

Posted by "Hollman Enciso R." <ho...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 12:45 AM, Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>
wrote:

> Hi Hollman,
>
> The SAML2 auth plugin will be available starting 4.5.0 (I think it should
> be released during Jan 2015). Due to the way we work, we can backport the
> feature to 4.3 (since no db related changes are needed for this feature)
> but it’s not available in ACS 4.3 right now.
>
> If you are looking to use this, please help test 4.5 using your SAML IDP,
> if you need help me know since I implemented it. It has been only tested
> with few IDPs and works for only HTTP-redirected profile and unique NAMEIDs
> (transient nameids are not preferred, in case of transient name ids it
> tries to find email address or uid and uses that as unique ID for SAML
> users) so testing efforts is very much appreciated. I’m not aware of any
> production usage yet (since it’s a new feature) so an iteration may be
> needed to cover broad use-cases.

Thanks Rohit.

Well, I will upgrade my test enviroment to 4.5 and start testing.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Hollman,

The SAML2 auth plugin will be available starting 4.5.0 (I think it should be released during Jan 2015). Due to the way we work, we can backport the feature to 4.3 (since no db related changes are needed for this feature) but it’s not available in ACS 4.3 right now.

If you are looking to use this, please help test 4.5 using your SAML IDP, if you need help me know since I implemented it. It has been only tested with few IDPs and works for only HTTP-redirected profile and unique NAMEIDs (transient nameids are not preferred, in case of transient name ids it tries to find email address or uid and uses that as unique ID for SAML users) so testing efforts is very much appreciated. I’m not aware of any production usage yet (since it’s a new feature) so an iteration may be needed to cover broad use-cases.

> On 23-Dec-2014, at 9:35 pm, Hollman Enciso R. <ho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all.
>
> I'm just wanna ask if it's possible configure saml2 with CS 4.3.0 ?
>
> I found some doc but i understand that will be aviable for the CS 4.5.0
> http://shapeblue.com/apache-cloudstack/saml2-cloudstack/
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SAML+2.0+Plugin
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Hollman Eduardo Enciso R.
> http://algolibre.com
> @hollman

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.