Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by abhayd <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2010/10/23 08:13:06 UTC

solr build fails with java 1.5

hi
i downloaded solr trunk and was trying to build using jdk 1.5.

I keep getting error
     [echo] Java Runtime Environment          version: 1.5.0_22
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
C:\search\workspace\solr\solr\build\solr
    [javac] javac: invalid target release: 1.6

I am using eclipse

I can compile with 1.6 fine, but our production is at 1.5.

Any thoughts?

RE: solr build fails with java 1.5

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Even the 3.x branch will compile with Java 5. Only trunk not.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
Solr trunk (4.0-dev) requires Java6, as does zookeeper, a new Solr dependency.
Not much we can do about it.
Java6 has been out for almost 4 years now though, so it's not an
unrealistic requirement either.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com