Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Chris Chabot <ch...@xs4all.nl> on 2008/07/11 15:07:09 UTC

Re: Dynamic height in type URL gadgets

Sessions and makeRequest don't mix i'm afraid.

Sessions are based on cookies, and the proxy service doesn't remember
those cookies for you.. Also even if it did, there's a potential snafu
moment when you go to someone else's page with the same gadget, and
the session still things your on your own page .. then identities
could get mixed up pretty quickly.

For now your better off by doing a signed makeRequest, which includes
the owner and/or viewer id ... and use that to retrieve state from
your database manually. That way it always works and there's no big
bug hazard :)

	-- Chris