Posted to users@directory.apache.org by David R Robison <dr...@openroadsconsulting.com> on 2009/12/01 03:41:01 UTC

Re: PostgreSQL as backend

Thanks. Speaking of performance, we have records in our PostgreSQL
database that references contacts in our LDAP. We want to do LFAP
lookups as part of our database SQL calls. To do this we use a Perl
lookup function but for large queries it is quite slow. If the records
were already in a PostgreSQL database then we should be able to make
better benefit of internal indexes and keys. Thanks again. David

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.

This e-mail communication (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged material intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should immediately stop reading this message and delete it from all computers that it resides on. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying or other use of this communication (or its attachments) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately.

Re: PostgreSQL as backend

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 8:30 AM, David R Robison <
drrobison@openroadsconsulting.com> wrote:

> Does Apache Directory Server support Virtual Directories?

Not yet but it can easily be altered in the code to do so.

> How would I expose my data through LDAP?

You can have a partition implemented to show your data in your db as a
branch in your DIT if you go with ApacheDS.  Just write the partition to
expose some hierarchy for your data after querying it and caching the db
data.

I can go into details if you like but we'd have to offline this conversation
since it's a bit more specific to your situation rather than mainstream to
this list.

Alex

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: PostgreSQL as backend

Posted by David R Robison <dr...@openroadsconsulting.com>.
Does Apache Directory Server support Virtual Directories? How would I
expose my data through LDAP? Thanks for the info. David

Re: PostgreSQL as backend

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.

Re: PostgreSQL as backend

Posted by David R Robison <dr...@openroadsconsulting.com>.