Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Pretorian, Mihnea" <mi...@wirecard.com> on 2014/02/13 09:27:39 UTC

Batch operations + refer to items created earlier in the same batch job

Hi to everybody,

I'm trying to find out if it's possible with CXF to build a batch REST API where the client can send several REST requests that are executed on the server in one database transaction.
Also I'd like to know if it is possible in one request to refer some items created earlier in the same batch job.
I found several libraries that offer such possibility, like:
http://docs.neo4j.org/chunked/stable/rest-api-batch-ops.html
http://www.odata.org/documentation/odata-v2-documentation/batch-processing/#221_Referencing_Requests_in_a_Change_Set
http://olingo.incubator.apache.org/doc/tutorials/Olingo_Tutorial_AdvancedReadWrite_Batch.html
If such features do not exist currently in CXF, is it any plan to implement them?

Thanks,
Mihnea