Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sverhagen <ve...@sander.com> on 2008/09/11 02:24:15 UTC

Flatten dependencySet includes (assembly plugin)

Hi. Using the assembly plugin. Is there a way to get stuff that's in a
certain folder X of a dependency end up in my assembly's folder Y.

Given the following assembly.xml:

    <dependencySets>
        <dependencySet>
            <outputDirectory>/sql</outputDirectory>
            <unpack>true</unpack>
            <unpackOptions>
                <includes>
                    <include>etc/sql/*.sql</include>
                </includes>
            </unpackOptions>
        </dependencySet>
    </dependencySets>

I was hoping for *.sql to be assembled into /sql. Now it's ending up in
/sql/etc/sql :-(

Thanks.

Re: Flatten dependencySet includes (assembly plugin)

Posted by sverhagen <ve...@sander.com>.

John Casey-5 wrote:

> there's an open issue related to mappers in
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY
>
> That issue covers this functionality, and hasn't been completed yet.

You are right. This is the exact one:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-45
It looks like the sort of issue that won't get ever completed, because it's
too difficult.
I've been looking at the code too, and I am at a complete loss. Let alone
that I can fix it. Let alone even more that I can unit test it ;-)

I'm considering to put in a new JIRA issue, that's more to the point and
easier to fix. Would that be a plan?

Re: Flatten dependencySet includes (assembly plugin)

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.