Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ian Petzer <IP...@Smart421.com> on 2003/05/02 13:32:26 UTC

Compilation time includes of Tiles

Hi everyone

I'm a new Struts user and have been trying to develop a Strus based user
interface to an application.

I had intended to use tiles templates to standardise the layout of my pages
and was envisaging my actual pages as looking something like this:

<tiles:insert page="/pages/BasicTemplate.jsp" flush="false">
  <tiles:put name="navBar" value="/pages/NavBar.jsp"/>
  <tiles:put name="body" value="/pages/HomePageBodyContent.jsp"/>
</tiles:insert>

Either that or I would create Tiles definitions in an xml file using the
Tiles plugin.

My problem is that, the tiles that are being included into my page at
run-time so the struts tags in these tiles are not being evaluated. From
what I've read it seems that this is the standard behaviour.

Does anyone know of any way in which I could specify that these includes are
done at compile time, so that the struts tags are evaluated.
Or, does anyone know of an alternate approach I could take.

I'd appreciate any response.

Cheers
Ian

RE: Compilation time includes of Tiles

Posted by Hue Holleran <hu...@openAction.net>.
Hi Ian,

Are you saying that, e.g. /pages/NavBar.jsp has struts tags and they are
simply being output without being evaluated. Sorry if this is lame but is it
simply a missing taglib definition that needs to be in each JSP page - or is
the taglib definition included but you're still getting this behaviour?

H.

---