Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mperreno <mp...@iismail.unil.ch> on 2001/10/23 22:21:15 UTC

servlets path in tomcat 3.3

Is it possible to use non-standard paths for servlet i.e. use map anything
after the context name to servlets:
www.foobar.com/foo/SnoopServlet
instead of
www.foobar.com/foo/servlet/SnoopServlet

I managed to do it with tomcat 3.2 but I can't do it with tomcat 3.3

thanks

--
mathieu perrenoud [iis]

Re: servlets path in tomcat 3.3

Posted by mathieu <ma...@kesako.ch>.
That's fine for a couple of servlets, but I have more than 6500 servlets, I
can't map them all by hand.
In Tomcat 3.2, the RequestInvoker had a prefix argument which could be used
to redirect matching paths to servlets

<RequestInterceptor
            className="org.apache.tomcat.request.InvokerInterceptor"
            debug="0" prefix="/servlet/" />

With prefix="/", I could forward any request to servlets without using
"/servlet/" in the url.
Where is the RequestInterceptor gone?

--
mathieu perrenoud [kesako]