Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> on 2006/11/28 00:17:13 UTC

Zogby polls ignore SpamAssassin users

I get notifications of new Zogby political polls that head straight to my
spam folder. I've tried emailing Zogby about it but have been ignored.
Perhaps they don't want the opinions of people who use SA. Here's a typical
report:

 pts rule name              description
---- ----------------------
 1.5 RCVD_NUMERIC_HELO      Received: contains an IP address used for HELO
 0.4 HTML_30_40             BODY: Message is 30% to 40% HTML
 1.8 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24     BODY: HTML: images with 2000-2400 bytes of words
 0.0 BAYES_50               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 40 to 60%
                            [score: 0.5013]
 0.0 MIME_HTML_ONLY         BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
 0.2 URIBL_GREY             Contains an URL listed in the URIBL greylist
                            [URIs: zogby.com]
 0.0 MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY 'Content-Type' found without required MIME
                            headers
 1.1 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG  HTML-only message, but there is no HTML tag
 0.0 MSGID_FROM_MTA_HEADER  Message-Id was added by a relay
 0.3 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

The first item apparently comes from the first Received header:

  by mailto.zogby.com with SMTP; 12 Oct 2006 01:28:32 -0000

Another big score is from "Content-type: text/html", but the content is
just a big DIV (no DOCTYPE/HTML/BODY wrappers).

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get Zogby to fix their notifications
to not be so spammy? Or are SA users destined to be politically
under-represented in polls?

Of course, maybe this is compensated for by over-representation of savvy SA
users who know how to white-list the notifications, leaving
less-techno-savvy users under-represented.