Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joan Noval <mt...@yahoo.com> on 2000/08/25 20:04:41 UTC

.jsp recompiles

hello everyone, i got this weird problem..
i'm using tomcat 3.2b2 standalone on a linux (RedHat
6.2) box run by user "root", and i build my .jsp/.java
codes on win98(TexPad).... then i'm using Samba to
connect to my linux box (security = share) w/ tomcat's
"webapps" folder shared full read/write access.

so every file that i will generate will be owned by
"nobody" with a "rwxr--r--" property.

QUESTION >> why does tomcat recompile my .jsp files
everytime i make an http request? (even if i didnt
change the .jsp file).

here's what i've noticed...
-tomcat prints "JspCompiler: extract class name and
version"
-tomcat will regenerate an new .java file at
"jakarta-tomcat/work/localhost_8080%2Ftest" everytime
i make the request.. (btw this is for my
webapps/test/*.jsp)

-then it recompiles the new .java file

TEMP-SOLUTION>> i changed the owner of my .jsp files
to "root" then set the file's mode to "rw-r--r--".

QUESTION >> is there a better solution? is it
necessary for the file to be owned by the person who
run's tomcat?

Tnks

-joan

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Re: .jsp recompiles

Posted by "George Henry C. Daswani" <gd...@esri.com>.
Hello Joan,

    Most likely, your WINDOWS BOX has a mismatched DATE/TIME setting as the
linux box..
And it's writing the timestamp on the file in the future..  Sync up your
windows box to the linux box via an NTP tool and sync up the linux box to
the internet via xntpd.

George

Java2SDK1.3 Japanese version doesn't work with tomcat?

Posted by Kazue Watanabe <kw...@macromedia.com>.
 Hi,
I installed Java2SDK1.3 japanese on Win2000(J) with tomcat, and
everytime i try to run a JSP script, tomcat server crashes.
Does anyone have a similar problem?

Thanks,
-kazue

Re: Solaris JDK 1.2.2 does not work with Tomcat ?

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
We have seen the same problems with the jdk 1.2.2_05 build under
Solaris 7 intel and had to switch back to 1.2.1_04.

Glenn

Posted by David Lerch <da...@pixelpark.com>.
Hi

Did you install the needed patches for solaris ??
That's maybe most important.
We're working with 05a and everything works great.

Greets

David Lerch

Shahed Ali wrote:

> I have tomcat stanalone installed on Solaris 8.
> With jdk 1.2.1, everything works fine.
>
> But when I installed the new jdk (1.2.2.05a) jsp pages hang.
> The generate a huge java file and dont compile it into a class file.
>
> I switched back to jdk1.2.1 and everthing works fine.
>
> Is this a known problem ? I am running on Solaris 8 Intel with the jdk's
> from Sun.
>
> Thanks
> Shahed

David Lerch . Webmaster
Pixelpark AG http://www.pixelpark.com
Rotherstraße 8 . 10245 Berlin . Germany
phone: + 49 30 5058-1790    fax: -1400

Re: Solaris JDK 1.2.2 does not work with Tomcat ?

Posted by ALEXANDROS KOTSIRAS <AL...@prodigy.net>.
No idea, i am using succesfully JDK1.2.2 with Solaris 2.6