Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Griffiths <da...@beantin.com> on 2002/09/08 20:03:48 UTC

How to install on Oracle9iAS?

Re: How to install on Oracle9iAS?

> Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to use struts on an Oracle
> 9iAS server? It isn't listed as far as I can see on
> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/installation.html
>
> Having looked at the structure of it, Oracle 9iAS appears to be made up
> of an Apache server with jserv alongside it. I can't see any webapps
> sub-directories and I have a suspicion that it may install with an
> archaic (Java 1.1.8) runtime system.

Have a look at the archives, Steve Muench posted links about it few days ago
here is the first message from Steve:
"A quick announcement for any Struts users who might be using
(or might want to evaluate) Oracle's JDeveloper Java IDE.
We've just published a Developer's Preview of our new 9.0.3 major release
on our Oracle Technet website:
   http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/content.html

List of new features in this release is at:
   http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/jdev903Preview_fo.html

Of particular interest to Struts developers are the following new features:
  -> Easily work with struts-config.xml settings
  -> Quickly create new actions and action forms
   -> Run/debug Struts apps in the embedded J2EE 1.3-compliant
     container for fast, no-deploy code/test/debug turnaround time
  -> Easily use Oracle's J2EE framework, Business Components for Java
(BC4J),
     as the Model layer for your Struts application
  -> Auto-generate a fully-working Struts/JSP/BC4J database
     application using the new "Complete Struts-Based JSP App" wizard"

Re: How to install on Oracle9iAS?

Posted by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net>.
On Sunday, September 8, 2002, 2:03:48 PM, David Griffiths wrote:

DG> Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to use struts on an Oracle
DG> 9iAS server? It isn't listed as far as I can see on
DG> http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/installation.html

    We had OC4J as the app server running under oracle9ias. You can
    download oc4j from Oracle's site. Struts apps worked fine using
    it. (Had other problems, though, and I got to move the apps over
    to Tomcat which I like much better:)

--

Rick

mailto:maillist@reumann.net