Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Ryan Finnesey <ry...@finnesey.com> on 2013/12/15 17:30:01 UTC

Re: AMQP Windows Mobile 6.5?

Windows Mobile 6.5 is based off of the Windows CE OS.  We ended up not using  AMQP and going with the Service Bus REST API.  We where having issues with getting SSL working and also the mix of managed and unmanaged code.

We do have plans at some point to develop a AMQP client library designed for C# and compact framework.

Cheers
Ryan

Sent from my iPad

Re: AMQP Windows Mobile 6.5?

Posted by Ryan Finnesey <ry...@finnesey.com>.

Re: AMQP Windows Mobile 6.5?

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
Prior to release 0.10 there was a C# client. That fell behind with no support and was removed from later Qpid distributions.

The current .NET binding has not been tested with WinCE. It uses the mix of managed and unmanaged code that may not be suitable for the WinCE platform. Development solutions and projects are available for Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 but not for 2012 and later. Continued development for more modern frameworks are not currently in the mix.

-Chuck