Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by song young bin <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/01/09 22:46:57 UTC

I desire to use XINDICE, but it doesn't work with my navtive language?

I stored a XML document (wrote by ENGLISH and KOREAN Language) to my xindice
server.

then I requested a XQuery to the xindice server.

like as
xindice xpath -c /db/data/products -q /product[@product_id="한글"]

product_id="한글" <- Can you read this character. I don't belive you can.
because it is korean language.

It didn't work. It returned no result.

Only when I tried to request by ENGLISH LANGUAGE. It did work.

I really want to know WHAT IS PROBLEM and HOW TO USE NON-ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

thanks a lot.

Re: I desire to use XINDICE, but it doesn't work with my navtive language?

Posted by "Rodolfo M. Raya" <rm...@maxprograms.com>.
On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 18:46, song young bin wrote:
> I stored a XML document (wrote by ENGLISH and KOREAN Language) to my xindice
> server.
>
> then I requested a XQuery to the xindice server.
>
> like as
> xindice xpath -c /db/data/products -q /product[@product_id="ѱ"]
>
> product_id="ѱ" <- Can you read this character. I don't belive you can.
> because it is korean language.
>
> It didn't work. It returned no result.
>
> Only when I tried to request by ENGLISH LANGUAGE. It did work.
>
> I really want to know WHAT IS PROBLEM and HOW TO USE NON-ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
>
> thanks a lot.

Hi,

My company has Korean,Thai and Chinese texts stored in Xindice databases
and I know it is possible to use Xindice with Asian languages.

You MUST use the Xindice version that is in CVS. Xindice 1.0 does not
work with Asian languages.

HTH,
Rodolfo
--