Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Diercks Steffan <St...@ssi-schaefer-noell.com> on 2010/12/20 11:39:42 UTC

Bug while setting up mcf

Hello ,

While I was setting up my mcf environment<http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&client=firefox-a&hs=O4I&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&&sa=X&ei=XS8PTa_wEJCTjAfPyoC8Dg&ved=0CB0QvwUoAQ&q=environment&spell=1>, I started with building everything and then execute command

" executecommand.bat org.apache.manifoldcf.core.DBCreate postgres mypass "

And I am afraid that this fails :(

Getting me some stacktrace like this:
org.apache.manifoldcf.core.interfaces.ManifoldCFException: Database exception: E
xception doing query: ERROR: syntax error at or near "$1"
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.executeViaThread(Databas
e.java:462)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.executeUncachedQuery(Dat
abase.java:506)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database$QueryCacheExecutor.creat
e(Database.java:1132)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.cachemanager.CacheManager.findObjectsAndEx
ecute(CacheManager.java:144)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.Database.executeQuery(Database.ja
va:169)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.database.DBInterfacePostgreSQL.createUserA
ndDatabase(DBInterfacePostgreSQL.java:526)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.system.ManifoldCF.createSystemDatabase(Man
ifoldCF.java:656)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.DBCreate.doExecute(DBCreate.java:51)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.DBInitializationCommand.execute(DBInitiali
zationCommand.java:54)
        at org.apache.manifoldcf.core.DBCreate.main(DBCreate.java:80)
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: syntax error at or near "$1
"
        at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryEx
ecutorImpl.java:1548)

Database is postgres db 8.3.11.
Anybody who has encountered a similar problem?

Let me know

Thanks
steffan

Re: Bug while setting up mcf

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Is this the latest trunk?  $1 sounds like a variable substitution but
there is no such variable mentioned in the .bat scripts I see.  If you
are using a password that has $ in it, that could explain it - you may
need to quote that string.

Karl